Brown-Bennett-Alexander Funeral Home of Cottonwood Falls, Kansas, has continuously served families of Chase County and the Flint Hills since 1881. It is the oldest continuously operated firm in the county. On August 31, 1881, Bill and Emma Plumberg Brown entered into the furniture and undertaking businesses in Strong City, Kansas.
In 1900, the Browns moved both businesses to Cottonwood Falls. Bill and Emma Brown operated the firm under the name of E. Brown and Son until 1933. Frank and Georgia Houston Brown and Charles and Mildred Brown operated the firm until 1957 when Race and Marilyn Bennett took over the operations. In 1982 Jack and Susan Alexander purchased the funeral home and have continued to offer personalized family care. Mason and Lorene Blackmore were associated with the funeral home from 1962 until 2000. In June of 1982, Jack and Susan Alexander purchased the Brown-Bennett Funeral Home. Brown-Bennett-Alexander Funeral Home continues to provide to the community, with the assistance of part-time individuals, family-oriented service since Jack's death in February of 2008.
In February 2019, Gwendolyn (Gumfory) and Nathaniel Runde purchased the funeral home from Susan Alexander and will continue to offer personalized family care for the community.